Wall Art from an iPhone Panorama - How It's Made
How do we make ready-to-hang wall artwork from iPhone and other smartphone panoramic images?
- Once you've placed your order it is reviewed by one or our print techs.
- The panoramic image file is reviewed for any potential quality concerns related to image quality, resolution, or cropping. If there are any issues with your image, a tech contacts you to clarify, correct, and resolve the issue.
- If "Auto-Enhance" is selected during the order process by the client, our print tech makes minor adjustments to the image's color and lighting to optimize the print. This also allows us the ability to correct and straighten the horizon line which can often times be ever so slightly crooked if the smartphone panorama is taken without a tripod or steady hand.
- The image is then printed on archival quality fine art paper using archival quality inks.
- The print face is adhered to 1/8" high-gloss acrylic which enhances your image and its colors.
- A 1/8" dibond (aluminum composite) is adhered to the back of the print to provide added rigidity and support.
- The artwork enters a process to smooth and polish the edges.
- A 3/4" deep recessed cleat back frame is constructed and applied to the back of the artwork. This creates the effect of the artwork floating from the wall once installed.
- Finally, each order is carefully hand-packaged and shipped with insurance to ensure your artwork arrives at your door safely, in tact, and ready to hang on the wall.
Watch this video to see how we make ready to hang wall artwork from panoramic iPhone photos.